Monday, March 28, 2011

Laguiole Steak Knives

I was so excited to buy my first house -- I'd been admiring interior design for such a long time and I was thrilled when I had the chance to decorate every room and space. I have to say though one of the easiest rooms to decorate was the dining room. In particular me and my husband had a flatware set that we both loved and we complemented this with a set of laguiole steak knives.

My husband is a connoisseur of grilled food and when we discussed the type of silverware we were going to buy, the first choice was traditional laguiole knives. They are handcrafted in the south of France to this day and I'm confident in saying that you won't find a better deal or better quality set of steak knives anywhere.

We ultimately bought a few sets because we knew that we would throw a party every now and then for friends and family, and we even convinced a few of our buddies to go out and upgrade their own steak knife set.

If we could do it all over again I would go down the same route and by laguiole steak knives. Even though they last for a long time I could see buying a new style within the next five or so years to supplement the ones that we already have. If you want to go ahead and buy a set of steak knives from Laguiole, France, ensure that you are getting top-quality knives and not imitations that have flooded the market in recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment